Re: future of LedgerSMB

Every language has the possibility of running into cross-platform
issues on some level.  I have found, for example. that Perl has a few
Windows issues, but these can be easily worked around.  I would expect
that other scripting languages may run into issues with braind-dead
Win32 API behavior too (for example the exec() system call behaves...
unexpectedly,,, on that platform).

The big cross-platform disadvantage for Perl up until recently has
been the lack of an alternative to ActivePerl (which is not freely
redistributable).  Vanilla Perl (our current approach) is better in
many regards.