Re: Thoughts on Voiding Invoices

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 16:20 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> Ok, but then you have to enter every serial number at time of
> purchase.
Yes, or have a 'stock number' assigned by the system. That's what a
stock number is. Its physically placed on the item, and perhaps the
serial number, etc added into the system on receipt of goods. This is
where the system's scope expands beyond basic accounting, to support
business operations (stock control, stock receipt, warehousing,
distribution etc)

>   I would actually like to support this tracking as an
> option, but have it turned off by default.
Yes, its a module, or whole subsystem, or an interface to an entire
other application. How far and where does LedgerSMB go?

> See my points above.  If you are arguing for the option of being able
> to track noncomparable items, I am all for that.  If you are arguing
> that such should be the default,
No I am not. I am only discussing/analysing the functional requirement.
Whether or when its designed and implemented into LSMB is another
matter.