Re: Thoughts on Voiding Invoices

David Tangye wrote:
On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 22:20 -0400, Alejandro Imass wrote:
If the company uses "notes of credit" as we call them here, then the
merchandise should return at last cost (it's like buying the
merchandise).
Hmm that is interesting. I do not think business people I know would
'buy back' at last cost if the the item in question originally cost
less. They would more likely buy back at the lowest price, but it would
be a business decision based on balancing goodwill against the profit
imperative. Either way I am pretty sure that it is not an issue of
accounting best practices at all.

If I purchase something from vendor a, and then return it, I expect to get the exact amount of the purchase back.

The only exception to that is in the case of restock fees which some vendors charge.

Joshua D. Drake