Re: Docmentation/FAQs

1000's of options.....
Well not to be a curmudgeon but I will *not* use lyx or latex. I have no
problem with latex as a middle man formatter but I am not interested in
any way in using it for writing.

Joshua D. Drake

What exactly is your objection to LaTeX?

O.k. I don't want to start a war but here is the basics:

1. Our users, will not know it

2. Our users, will not want to know it

3. It is really not used that much outside of academia

4. It has largely been unsurped by other standards such as SGML/XML

5. We need to keep the bar for documentation as low as reasonably possible. Docbook does this because if you know basic html, you can do docbook. Heck you can even save to Docbook in some word processors.

6. There are miles better solutions in general for documentation regardless of docbook, including OpenOffice + a defined stylesheet which gives us ODP, HTML, DOC, and PDF.

Joshua D. Drake