LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
Re: [ledgersmb-users] LedgerSMB installation on SUSE

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:30 PM John O'Gorman <..hidden..> wrote:

> On 07/05/2019 06:56, Robert J. Clay wrote:
> >> I am trying to install LedgerSMB on a laptop running SUSE Tumbleweed
> >> 2019-05-02.
> >    Which version of LSMB (LedgerSMB) did you install?
> ledgersmb-1.6.2.tar.gz

    Not the most recent available (which is 1.6.10) but certainly usable.

> But I cannot find either login.pl or setup.pl

   That's because they're virtual;  i.e., they're URLs, not files.

> I have found in /etc/ssl/private 3 files with my full (false) DNS
> cname:acer.og.gen.nz as prefix to a .crt, .csr, and .key files which
> seem to contain example ssl file.

   I'm sorry, I don't understand that;  if it's a valid DNS cname, how
is false?  Or is it not really in DNS?

> Maybe I can use these to get LedgerSMB working.

   That indeed could be usable that way.   Just edit the example
apache-vhost.conf file for use with that.
   If that name is not actually in your local DNS (where ever you're
attempting to browser from), you'll need to take care of that.

--
Robert J. Clay