LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
Re: [ledgersmb-users] Fwd: Fwd: Production Install, Networking and Setup

Re: [ledgersmb-users] Fwd: Fwd: Production Install, Networking and Setup

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM Gnucash Xboxboy Mageia
<..hidden..> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:00 PM bill Ott <..hidden..> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried temporarily turning off SELinux  ("setenforce 0"), then trying to connect? After doing the test, turn SELinux back on with "setenforce 1".
>
> Thanks
> Just tried that on the host OS with no change.
> The debian VM doesn't have SElinux installed, as 'getenforce' and 'sestatus' return command not found.

  I'm not sure which version of Debian you're running? Or which
version of LSMB you're testing... (v1.5.x?)

  Have you already checked that LSMB is running and which IP & port
that LSMB is being run on?  I usually use 'netstat -tnlp' to verify
that (part of the net-tools pkg in Debian/Ubuntu/etc, in case you
didn't know...).   Trying to access it via the port you mentioned
seems to indicate that you're running LSMB 1.5 or LSMB 1.6 but that is
defaulted to putting it up on localhost.

  For instance; I have the v1.5.24 version of the ledgersmb-1.5 pkg
(from the apt.ledgersmb.org pkg repo) installed in a Debian v9.6
container (I use LXC) on my laptop, which I used to do a quick test of
that pkg version before I made it generally available.  There
'starman' (which is running LSMB) is showing like this:

root@lsmbtest:~# netstat -tnlp|grep 5762
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5762          0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      99/starman master -
tcp6       0      0 ::1:5762                :::*
LISTEN      99/starman master -

  Since I didn't feel like changing it to the network IP in the
systemd unit (although that is doable, it gets changed back if the pkg
is updated), I just used the varnish proxy (in this case, installed &
configured using the ledgersmb-varnish pkg)., which made it available
on the network IP up on port 6081.  That shows like this:

root@lsmbtest:~# netstat -tnlp|grep 6081
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6081            0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      58/varnishd
tcp6       0      0 :::6081                 :::*
LISTEN      58/varnishd

--
Robert J. Clay