LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
Re: [ledgersmb-users] Fwd: Fwd: Production Install, Networking and Setup

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 1:03 AM Xboxboy Mageia <..hidden..> wrote:

> Thank Robert, I've now installed  ledgersmb-1.5-apache, I'm sorry but this reverse proxy stuff is all new
> to me.

Don't worry, it's fairly easy to pick up.

> Where can I find this README.debian file?

  Like for all Debian packages, it's in a directory in /usr/share/doc/
named after the package.  So in this case, it's in
/usr/share/doc/ledgersmb-1.5/.
  Note also that it's also standard on Debian that if the file is over
a certain size, the file is installed as compressed; so the file name
to be looked for is 'README.Debian.gz'.  (I use the 'mc' app to view
such files; it can handle compressed text files with no issue.)

  Reviewing  that README file again in light of explaining it to you,
I don't think I go into enough detail, so I'll need to work on that...

> I think I'm going to need a walkthough to finalize this :-/

  The example LSMB distribution file 'apache-vhost.conf' is installed
by the pkg as 'ledgersmb-1.5-proxy.conf'  to the
/etc/apache2/sites-available/  directory.

   Much of that file is already configured by default by the pkg, but
the 'ServerName' item is not configured by default (which is why the
pkg install does not curently attempt to enable the config file by
default). Once that is set, on Debian you can enable it by using
something like:

a2ensite ledgersmb-1.5-proxy.conf

  If that doesn't come up with any issues, then:

 systemctl reload apache2

  If no issues come up, you can try accessing the LSMB setup page by
going to https://server.name.com/setup.pl  (or you could try via the
IP...)

  Then go to the 'DB admin login' dropdown and select "lsmb-dbadmin";
then enter its password (which would have been configured during the
main pkg install).  Then enter the company name you want to use in the
'Database' field.  Then click on the 'Create' button.

  If there are no issues, the next thing that will come up after a few
moments is a 'Country Code' dropdown.   Select what you want to use
for this company database and then click on 'Next'.
    The next page that comes up has dropdowns for 'Chart of Accounts'
and 'GIFI'. If you want something besides the defaults there, select
what you want & then  click on 'Next' again.
    Then you get the page where you can select the Template to load.
Selecting the default 'demo_with_images' is fine and you can then
click on the 'Load Templates' button.

  The next page that comes up is for creating a user for within the
LSMB application itself.  For the first user being added, I'll usually
set the 'Assign Permissions' dropdown to "Full Permissions".  Then
click on the 'Create User'  button.

   If everything is good, you'll get one last page.  It'll list the
Database Credentials used to create it. And note that the 'Database
Operation Complete'.  And you'll have the options to 'Return to
Setup', or 'Start  Using LedgerSMB'.

  if you go to the LSMB login page, you'll need to enter the LSMB User
Name (like what you just created) and its password, the Company
datebase name you want to use (like what you just created).  Clicking
the 'Login' button should take you to the Welcome screen.
  Note that when you first log in with newly created user to LSMB, you
might should go to the 'Preferences' pages and reset its password to
ensure that it doens't expire overnight.

  Any questions/comments/concerns etc, please let us know.

--
Robert J. Clay