Re: Modification requests

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Yves Lavoie, GaYLi
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi Dee,
>
> That's why I was suggesting different taxes and products. I know it is a
> patch but we currently don't have a way to compute the applicable tax by
> number of items.
> I would not be optimal but would at least enable you to go on.
>
> So, from your example, you either have no GST or a 5% GST, and no PST or
> a 8% PST, so your System > Taxes table should be ok. The 5th case
> doesn't seem to happen often, otherwise you and I would remember it.

Recollected - - - its
5. 5% GST and 1.33% PST and its for MB Hydro
Don't know if that's the only time but know the government I wouldn't count
on it!

> For the products, I would define copies of the original, 1 to 3,
> depending on the case, to cover the possibilities. For my Québec
> pastries example, I would have 2 products: Pastries (1 to 5), no taxes,
> Pastries TVQ+TPS applicable. Those are defined at product creation and
> you can select the appropriate product for the transaction.

I'm thinking that this is an area where there could be less hard coding.
I mentioned the German system because there are 3 different sales taxes
and there is only room on the system for 2. Surprised that no one else has
asked about this. Am thinking what is needed is something like the
present and then a way to add another tax to the formula. (Could have a
hard limit on the number but might be useful to not have that either.)

The change in tax from 5% to 0% is sometimes governed by quantity - - -
not so much from 1 to more than 6 but rather in moving from what is often
called retail quantities (1 to 10 kg) to bulk (25kg units, 750 - 1000 kg units
or by truck/rail car loading (varies)). Guessing you haven't run into that
particular gotcha yet.

Any ideas re: other questions in my previous email?

TIA

Dee