Re: Modification requests

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Yves Lavoie, GaYLi
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi Dee,
>
> Sales taxes have their definition in System > Taxes, where you can
> represent them properly. Here's my example for Québec.
>
> Taxes
>                     Rate (%) Min Taxable  Number  Valid To  Ordering Tax Rules
> HST - Nova Scotia    15.000      0           ?                  1      Simple
> HST - Ontario        13.000      0           ?                  1      Simple
> TPS                   6.000      0           ?   2007-12-31     1      Simple
>                       5.000      0           ?                  1      Simple
> TVQ                   7.950      0           ?   2007-12-31     1      Simple
>                       7.875      0           ?   2010-12-31     1      Simple
>                       8.925      0           ?   2011-12-31     1      Simple
>                       9.975      0           ?                  1      Simple
>
> Province and Federal rules on the applicability of said taxes, usually
> here by vendor/customer, and we support that in their entity definition,
> just click there which taxes are applicable for each vendor or customer.
>
> I have seen cases where the number of items influence the tax
> applicability, pastries, for example are taxable in Québec when you buy
> less than 6. We do not support that, yet we may in the future. I will
> issue on tax applicability by the number of items. Meanwhile, you can
> define different items and taxes to reflect grouping effect and comply
> with you specific province regulations.

It gets even more interesting than that.

Here I would options that go like this:
1. 0% rated GST and PST
2. 5% GST and 0% PST
3. 0% GST and 8% PST (mostly insurance products but not limited to that)
4. 5% GST and 8% PST (the most common)
5. 5% GST and 1.?% PST for some thing (not remembering what)

what gets more interesting is that for certain products beneath quantity x
(which varies by product) tax is applicable and over it becomes 0% rated.
This can make things interesting depending on which way your transaction
is going. Then it depends if a product is shipped in from another province
or not, when selling am I selling in province or out of province - - - those
questions are re: PST (GST is more pervasive).
With all this I remember shaking my head at the tax levels in Germany.
There was a low tax (2-3% or so) then there was was 7/8% one and then
there was a 19% tax rate never did get an understanding as to the details!
Taxation regulations are, IMO, some of the most convoluted masses of
verbiage I have ever encountered.

Handling this possible variability is something that I'm really not sure
how to define in lsmb's tax tables. Any ideas?

Thanking you for your assistance and consideration.

Dee