Re: Modification requests

Hi Dee,

Sales taxes have their definition in System > Taxes, where you can
represent them properly. Here's my example for Québec.

Taxes
                    Rate (%) Min Taxable  Number  Valid To  Ordering Tax Rules
HST - Nova Scotia    15.000      0           ?                  1      Simple
HST - Ontario        13.000      0           ?                  1      Simple
TPS                   6.000      0           ?   2007-12-31     1      Simple
                      5.000      0           ?                  1      Simple
TVQ                   7.950      0           ?   2007-12-31     1      Simple
                      7.875      0           ?   2010-12-31     1      Simple
                      8.925      0           ?   2011-12-31     1      Simple
                      9.975      0           ?                  1      Simple

Province and Federal rules on the applicability of said taxes, usually
here by vendor/customer, and we support that in their entity definition,
just click there which taxes are applicable for each vendor or customer.

I have seen cases where the number of items influence the tax
applicability, pastries, for example are taxable in Québec when you buy
less than 6. We do not support that, yet we may in the future. I will
issue on tax applicability by the number of items. Meanwhile, you can
define different items and taxes to reflect grouping effect and comply
with you specific province regulations.

Yves

On 2017-01-11 09:23, o1bigtenor wrote:
> [...]
>>> Are you meaning 'Recurring Transactions'?
>>
>> Maybe. There's also "Template Transactions" where the most part of the
>> transaction is pre-filled. You can use it to quickly set up a new
>> transaction.
>>
>>> Looking at a 'General Ledger Transaction' it might be possible to use some
>>> kind of 'Save Template' kind of thing.
>>
>> Yup. That's what I'm referring to.
> Looked at it again - - - there is no way to take an amount (money) and then to
> split it between accounts so I don't think this will work.
>>> In the poking and prodding I'm doing on lsmb I'm finding that it is not
>>> possible to know what fields need to have values and which should be
>>> filled
>>> out by the system (consecutive numbering of whatevers) or should be linked
>>> some other part of the system. No much mention of any of this in the
>>> manual
>>> either.
>>
>> Ok. Document (manual) are you looking at? Or more importantly: which fields
>> would you like to know about?
> Limited to what I have looked at.
> 'Add Vendor Invoice'
> Invoice number - - - is that their number or mine?
> Order number - - - same?
> First 'description' field - - -  what is it for?
> '%' field - - - is that for discounting - - - or?
> Trying to enter a number in the 'Number' field results in a error code
> of "The value
> entered is not valid."
> Removed info in 'Number' field and entered rest of info.
> Hit 'update' button for second line.
> Moved to screen to choose whether its a part or a service.
> Chose one.
> 'Add Part' screen appears.
> This screen has a lot of available information.
>
> Keep finding more questions.
>
> in 'Add Part'
>
> I'm not seeing anything for generic kind of items (items that could be
> provided by a large number of vendors).
>
> What about if items are available in different weights?
> Here sometimes when something moves from one kind of quantity to a
> larger one the tax amounts change (yes that's confusing but welcome to
> the tax system!) there isn't any way of dealing with that.
>

> Is there any way to ease filling out this information?
>
> I'm thinking drop down boxes on some of the items (vendor, account number,
> vendor reference number for starters). Perhaps entering the 'Vendor reference
> number populating other parts related to that and having the same for the
> 'Customer' field?
>
> What is challenging is that there is no guide to this work flow.
> Is it better to add parts (service or assembly) first and then do the
> 'Vendor Invoice'? Is there a 'good' way to do this setup?
>
> There is a mountain of things to do in setting up the books
> for a company. Anything to make things faster and easier is going to be
> very attractive here.
>
>>> I am also using lots of electronic transactions. Not sure I want to link
>>> from banks (really don't trust them much) directly into lsmb. Is there any