install ledgersmb from source on debian jessie is mostly working now

On 01/18/2014 10:48 AM, Chris Travers wrote:

> If setup.pl <http://setup.pl> isn't working authentication-wise, the app probably won't either.
>
> Make sure you have mod_rewrite enabled.

It gets through the login, it's just that at first, when I enter
postgres  for super user
postgres password
database ledgersmb

it says denied and pops up a dialog asking

A username and password are being requested by http://localhost. The site says: "LedgerSMB"

So, I enter  ledgersmb  :  passwd for postgres user ledgersmb, (setup before using a debian autoinstall)

and it logs in.

there is only a choice to run a backup.

Logged in as ledgersmb
Unknown database found.
Cancel?

rewrite seems to be on:
john@toolbench:/etc/apache2/conf-available$ source /etc/apache2/envvars
john@toolbench:/etc/apache2/conf-available$ /usr/sbin/apache2 -S
VirtualHost configuration:
*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
          default server ledgersmb (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
          port 80 namevhost ledgersmb (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
          port 80 namevhost ledgersmb (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
ServerRoot: "/etc/apache2"
Main DocumentRoot: "/var/www"
Main ErrorLog: "/var/log/apache2/error.log"
Mutex watchdog-callback: using_defaults
Mutex rewrite-map: using_defaults
Mutex default: dir="/var/lock/apache2" mechanism=fcntl
Mutex mpm-accept: using_defaults
PidFile: "/var/run/apache2/apache2.pid"
Define: DUMP_VHOSTS
Define: DUMP_RUN_CFG