Re: Postgres problem on LedgerSMB (Ubuntu 10.10)

On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 10:32 -0500, ERACC Subscriptions wrote:

> I would recommend just restarting the postgresql service rather than the
> entire machine. On my Mandriva 2010.2 system here that can be
> accomplished with (as root):
>
>         service postgresql restart
>
> Probably Ubuntu does it differently. Maybe one would use:
>
>         sudo /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql restart
>         OR
>         sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
>
> That takes about 4 seconds to restart here, compared to a wee bit longer
> for a reboot. If you did try that, I missed your comment about it.

Gene,

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, I did try that. Sorry, forgot to mention it. Didn't fix the
problem.

I've had no further problems since the upgrade, so I'm crossing fingers
and hoping that some loophole in the upgrade caused the problem.

All the best

Nigel