Re: Postgres problem on LedgerSMB (Ubuntu 10.10)

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Josh Berkus wrote:

Apologies for bothering everyone

Don't worry about it; it's not like the error message exactly made
things clear.

And since when should you have to reboot a linux system to upgrade it?

You shouldn't. I've upgraded PostGreSQL on Ubuntu many times, and never ran into any such strangeness as that. I'm not even exactly sure how a reboot would fix that, unless it be a library being cached for some reason.
Hmm, some other process keeping it open maybe?

I'd bitch at the Ubuntu folks ...

Definitely.

Luke