Re: Question about effects of installing LSMB on template1

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Chris Bennett
<..hidden..> wrote:

> I saw a thread somewhere about how to use template0 to recreate template1.
> Does LedgerSMB create databases copying from template1 or installing
> into template1?

It is possible to install into template1, but normally it copies from
template 1.  I suppose we should probably catch this at create
database time and throw an error (we haven't done this yet because
SQL-Ledger didn't and we haven't gotten around to this point).

> And since I'm writing my own app for my vendors, customers and current
> prices,
> what is the right/wrong way to create new databases to avoid problems
> with other apps?

Ok.  On the first screen (which includes login info), you can leave it
at template1.  All this does is connect and get a list of current
db's.

On the second screen (with the chart of accounts options), you should
type the db you want to install into.  This should generally not be
template1.