Re: Question about effects of installing LSMB on template1

Chris Travers wrote:
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Chris Bennett
<..hidden..> wrote:
I have someone struggling to install LSMB.
He is concerned that because he has an Adempiere app installed already,
that connecting to template1 in admin interface will cause trouble for
other app.

I understand that template1 is used to create new databases, but I saw
that some alterations are made to it.
Is there any real concern that any database app will cause problems for
another?

When a db is created, the template db (usually Template1) is copied to
that location.

Let me see if I understand clearly.
You are saying that there is a difference between copying from template1 and installing INTO template1?
If you install into Template1 you can create new LedgerSMB databases
just by using createdb.

It won't affect existing db's, but you might find some unpleasent
surprises when trying to create new databases for other applications.
And, it is a pain to clean up :-)

I saw a thread somewhere about how to use template0 to recreate template1.
Does LedgerSMB create databases copying from template1 or installing into template1?

And since I'm writing my own app for my vendors, customers and current prices, what is the right/wrong way to create new databases to avoid problems with other apps?

Register Now & Save for Velocity, the Web Performance & Operations Conference from O'Reilly Media. Velocity features a full day of expert-led, hands-on workshops and two days of sessions from industry leaders in dedicated Performance & Operations tracks. Use code vel09scf and Save an extra 15% before 5/3. http://p.sf.net/sfu/velocityconf