Re: Question about effects of installing LSMB on template1

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Chris Bennett
<..hidden..> wrote:
> I have someone struggling to install LSMB.
> He is concerned that because he has an Adempiere app installed already,
> that connecting to template1 in admin interface will cause trouble for
> other app.
>
> I understand that template1 is used to create new databases, but I saw
> that some alterations are made to it.
> Is there any real concern that any database app will cause problems for
> another?

When a db is created, the template db (usually Template1) is copied to
that location.

If you install into Template1 you can create new LedgerSMB databases
just by using createdb.

It won't affect existing db's, but you might find some unpleasent
surprises when trying to create new databases for other applications.
And, it is a pain to clean up :-)