Re: 4 Problems using lsmb

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Stroller
<..hidden..> wrote:

> On 1 Oct 2008, at 04:17, david wrote:
>> * AP transaction tax not calculated.
>>
>> Chris Travers explained to me why the tax is no longer calculated...
>
> Just in order to increase my understanding of ledgerSMB, could you
> share this with us?

Sure.

The basic issue is that the AP/AR transaction screens don't provide
enough information to calculate tax properly in cases where part but
not all of the transaction is taxable (which is often the case).

On top of this, there is an issue where AP tax calculation can be
somewhat dangerous in that the places where rounding is done in
different peoples' systems can be different, causing transactions to
vary in totals by a few cents.

For 1.3, what I would like to do is to solve this problem by putting
boxes in the UI which default to the subtotal of the transaction but
can be adjusted for each of the tax boxes.  I think that this would
solve the problems reasonably.  Also I would like AP tax amounts to be
editable prior to posting the transactions.