Re: 1.3 and reports

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Munroe Sollog
<..hidden..> wrote:
> One of the things I find extremely lacking are stock reports in
> sql-ledger.  There are a myriad of different reports that I would like
> to see - or be able to easily create.  I am just wondering where this
> lies on the development time frame.

This is probably a better question for the -devel list.

With 1.3, it is not hard to create reports (it is a lot easier than it
is in 1.2).  However, the specifics are fairly technical, so you may
want to bring this up on the other list.

In both cases, it does require writing the sql, and also generating
the UI.  However, in 1.3, this is quite a bit more format neutral and
loosely coupled.  Furthermore, in 1.3 you can, without a lot of extra
work, create OpenCalc and Excel spreadsheets, CSV exports, and the
like.