Re: Interesting coverage of our project on the SQL-Ledger-users list

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, Ed W wrote:

> I don't see what the big deal is to use the button element as the primary
> choice and add some javascript as fallback?  This gives you IE6/7 from the
> javascript and everyone else without it?

This is what I have been saying.

My thinking is this.

If MSIE is submitting *all* of the button element values, you set a series
of onclick javascript functions, which eliminate all but the button
actually clicked.

You could also, at the same time, customize the submitted value, so that
it contains the actual value, instead of the displayname.

Now, I am no expert on the capabilities of javascript, as I deplore the
stuff in general, and have only ever used it in an VXML ecmascript
context, but I'm almost sure that this could be done, and probably with an
auto generation script written in PERL or awk or something, which goes
through each form, and adds the necessary onclick buttons and encapsulated
functions.

Luke