Re: Interesting coverage of our project on the SQL-Ledger-users list

Chris Travers wrote:
On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 1:44 PM, ERACC Subscriptions <..hidden..> wrote:

On Wednesday 11 June 2008
Luke wrote:

[...]

All of this said, I am fond of the "Install FireFox: it is the client for
the accounting app" way of handling this, especially if the Prism idea
gains ground.

This is the approach I use when recommending LSMB. So far all the small
business owners I have said this to had no problem with the idea. I even
explain that Microsoft's browser handles the button code in a non-standard
way that causes the HTML based UI application to not work correctly. Every
person I have said this to "got it". Most of them already use Firefox on a
home computer due to "a friend" recommending it.

Actually, where we are likely to have the most problem will be with
midsize businesses.  There you often have the least flexibility in
terms of dependencies.

I don't see what the big deal is to use the button element as the primary choice and add some _javascript_ as fallback?  This gives you IE6/7 from the _javascript_ and everyone else without it?

Ed W