Re: Interesting coverage of our project on the SQL-Ledger-users list

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:
> Chris Travers wrote:

> I don't see what the big deal is to use the button element as the primary
> choice and add some javascript as fallback?  This gives you IE6/7 from the
> javascript and everyone else without it?

Ok, I have zero problems with distributing a Javascript that could be
added to the headers for companies wanting to use IE (only) which, on
submit for a form iterates through all the elements and sets
button.innerText to button.value.  Since the label is what is
submitted, one has to submit the label.

I am not sure I would want to advertise that as IE support though
since it would mean that the button labels would get ugly from when
the form was submitted until the server sent the new form.  I think
that would be better classified as "well, this makes it supported."

It also doesn't allow support for PocketIE which simply renders
buttons as text.  Hopefully this will be changed soon too.  Nor does
it give you IE6 support because that submits all buttons, not just the
one clicked.