Re: Transaction reversal - I think

On Tue, 20 May 2008 15:07:06 +0100
Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:

> Hi
>
> > TinyERP â www.tinyerp.org
> > Shades of SQL-LEDGER, while TinyERP is âopen Sourceâ, the user manual costs $$$
> > TinyERP is  CLIENT/ SERVER, application, no HTML server, no web browser. It uses GTK and Python and looks *very* capable.
> > Purchasing the manual would be a necessity I think.
> > The system of calculating shipping costs looked quite complex and hard to modify.
> >

> Hmm, I  believe you, but curiously I haven't found a paid for manual yet
> - only a fairly decent manual on the wiki for free?

I stand corrected, I missed that manual when I installed TinyERP about a year ago. It looks
like a reasonable manual is available for no cost.

> There are normal desktop clients, but also I think a web client which
> does most stuff (apparently?)

Perhaps the web client was developed in the last year ?

The local client and server worked fine, and the client was fast, no waiting for a web browser page to render.

> I have only looked at the pictures so far - looks very interesting though.

It's pretty good, I remember being very impressed.

Perhaps its time for another visit :)

Thanks
Terry