Re: Transaction reversal - I think

On Tue, 20 May 2008 14:23:40 +0100
Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:
> > As a result I started looking around for alternates and have made a quick and incomplete list of interesting possibilities, some of which I have installed and are under evaluation at the moment. Summary is on my wiki at :
> > http://wifi.homelinux.com/docuwiki/doku.php?id=accounting_reviews
> >

> The two I have shortlisted for trialing are:
>
> - HansaWorld - http://www.hansaworld.com - costs quite a few ÂÂ, but
> looks ok.  I particularly like the screen shots of their phone system
> module, also they appear to offer the code reasonably easily and you can
> code your own plugins using a C++ API (they sent me some sample code in
> a presales enquiry).
>
> - TinyERP - ( http://tinyerp.org - seems to be moving the website to
> openerp something as I write this - appears partly broken, but I believe
> it's temporary).  I really like the look of the screenshots of tinyerp,
> but need to see how the accounting module stacks up.  Free with the
> option of commercial backup

TinyERP â www.tinyerp.org
Shades of SQL-LEDGER, while TinyERP is âopen Sourceâ, the user manual costs $$$
TinyERP is  CLIENT/ SERVER, application, no HTML server, no web browser. It uses GTK and Python and looks *very* capable.
Purchasing the manual would be a necessity I think.
The system of calculating shipping costs looked quite complex and hard to modify.

> There is also the usual other stuff such as Compiere
I installed a pre-made Compiere 'appliance' under VMware, but it's HUMUNGOUS, and I felt it would
take me half an hour to process every single customer order.

> and Adempiere,
Haven't tried it.

Terry