Re: Transaction reversal - I think

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 11:48 -0700, ..hidden.. wrote:
> if you sell tangible goods check to see the purchase/cogs are calculated
> properly. our businese use sl and at each monthend we have to do a journal
> entry to correct cog/inventory to reflect the actual values and it is
> typical that the values are off by 15-20%. that could be quite a bit of
> money if you are a medium business and the irs probably isn't going to
> like it too much...tim

Hmmmm - that's not good. Not being an accountant, I'd have to go through
every transaction manually - might as well use a ledger book! What with
no Credit Notes, no Opening Stock valuation (or indeed the facility to
do a Stock Valuation on request), and Re-Order Points insisting on
ordering *everything* in the data base (most parts are ordered as
required and not kept on the shelf) and Supplier (Vendor) info
disappearing after every Parts record edit I'm wondering if I haven't
made a huge mistake with LSMB. My stock levels are all over the place
(I'm having to run our old system in parallel to try and keep track of
what's on the shelf). Our first VAT return is due in at the end of the
month and I have no confidence in it being correct - we are in big
trouble. Not good. Not good at all. Oh, and to cap it all the I'm
getting duplicate invoice numbers in the sales ledger, and can't access
the duplicate ones to rename and then reverse them. That strikes me as a
fundamental flaw. I can see our accountants bill for End Of Year busting

Is 1.3 going to fix all this stuff, and soon, or do I need to find an
alternative - fast?