Re: RoadMap Question

beamends wrote:
On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 19:00 -0500, Luke wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, beamends wrote:

Whist appreciating that we all have our different requirements, I'd much
rather that accounts/stock control was 100% before adding features that
fall outside the current system. Obviously I'm totally biased as that
what I'm using it for (i.e retailing)!
Yes, you are, as I am for my particular area - services.

I do agree, however, that there are features in the current system which need the programming hours more than these do (inventory vs. property, for example), and some of those I talked about a couple of days ago.

One that I would personally like, is the ability to add a new customer directly from an invoice/order.
Then the ability to enable/disable printers for particular users.
A fixed value "discount" line on invoices/orders, separate from the per item discounts, which can take a dollar value.

Those are some of my pet issues, along with the inventory|property thing.

Luke

Just so I don't feel left out, my pet want is to generate purchase
orders by supplier automatically, i.e. select supplier Scroggins and up
pops a purchase order for all stock items under their current re-order
level, using the suppliers stock number, not ours, as they don't always
coincide (someone has mentioned that on the developers list I think?).
Producing a 300 line order manually is time consuming and error prone.

Just my 2p.

Cheers
Richard

And to throw in my 2 cents as well, I'd like to be able to go from a sales order directly to a purchase order. We are a manufacturers rep that will quote a customer, receive a po from them, enter the sales order and then have to go purchase order.

Thanks
Scott