Re: RoadMap Question

Quoting Pongracz Istvan <..hidden..>:
Personally I use eGroupWare as a possible "Exchange killer" and I had an
idea to make an interface between them.

For example:
Payment/delivery time into calendar.
Contacts.
Project integration.
Whatever.

I've been looking at eGroupWare, and this is an approach I would favour. I wonder how much work would be involved in creating such an interface...

I would like to be able to drive LedgerSMB from eGroupWare, at least from a sales perspective. What I mean is: 1) Create new accounts, projects, etc in eGW, and have them automatically created in LSMB 2) Generate quotes, incoming orders and invoices in eGW, which are in effect passed transparently to LSMB to do the actual work, and return the results to eGW (so that all the financial side of things is handled in LSMB) 3) Account status information provided to eGW from LSMB so that the salesman can tell if a customer is behind on payments, has exceeded his credit limit, etc.
4) Product data used by eGW is retrieved from LSMB.

LedgerSMB would be used directly for all the other financial tasks, credit notes, purchasing, product pricing, GL, financial reports, payments made and received, etc.

The question is, is this feasible, or am I suffering the delusions of the terminally-overdosed on caffeine?

Richard