Re: sql-ledger migration

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 13:59 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> Back up early, back up often :-)  Back up in multiple ways :-)  Not
> that this has anything to do with the data migration process itself.
> It is, however, always the safe thing to do.
I second that. Plus I am about to migrate using backups. See my post of
about 10 mins ago.

My thought is to upgrade the SL database to 2.6.12, then migrate across.

To upgrade in the SL database, download a sql-ledger 2.6.12 or later and
just extract and run the 9 sql/Pg-upgrade... scripts from
Pg-upgrade-2.4.4-2.5.0.sql onwards from the psql program.

Hmm: do I remember a version of SL having some extra upgrade
logic/script in perl that ran on first login after upgrading? Does
anyone remember this? If so, that version would need to be installed,
the script run via login, then the Pg-upgrade scripts from there to
2.6.12 run.