Re: Is LSMB really suitable for the public?

With all due respect to Phil and David, most of the problems in 1.2.x
have occurred because we are trying to get the basics (security,
process control, accounting logic) right in a codebase which, for lack
of a better analogy, is held together with duct tape.  When you start
removing the duct tape, things fall apart, unfortunately.  This means
that for us to be able to address many of these issues, we also have
to clean up the architecture.

As we get things right, new enhancements and features will appear
simply because one can do more with less.  For example, as we fix
contact handling, multiple shipto's, etc. will automatically appear.
As we fix authentication/authorization, single sign-on and even Active
Directory integration will become within striking distance.

I would further suggest that a nice installer, while important, is not
as important as getting those basics I mentioned above in proper
order.

For those who doubt that we are really working on these issues, take a
look at the following thread in the archives (Where we are going with
1.3 on the -devel list):

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=f5cca7ed0703251030u19e4b972pef11fb9d1b41b792%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=ledger-smb-devel