Re: Number of Taxes on an item or service

On 4/5/07, Les Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

OA is not tiny. I've been working on it since 2001. (grin)
However, I want to develop loose linkages with LSMB to take advantage of
it where I can. AFAIK, this is in the area of exported journal
transactions. I'll know more as I explore current LSMB code over the
Easter break. I hope to get a big chunk of the fees system written in the
next short while.

Understood, but the modules are there and not that hard to use.  Might
as well take advantage of them....

Is there any interest in a payroll module for LSMB?

I am very sure there is a lot of interest for both Canadian and
American payroll modules for LSMB.  I know of two American companies
working on payroll modules for LSMB, but I also know Canadian payroll
is different.

> Take a look at LedgerSMB/Tax.pm and LedgerSMB/Tax/Simple.pm.  Also
> look at how these are called in the other Perl scripts.  Yes, I  know
> the code we inherited from SL is somewhat hard to follow in places but
> we are working on it :-)

Yes, I've perused older smb-ledger code... obtuse to me.
(but I'm simple. ;-) )

obtuse...  I guess that works as well as any word I can think of.

We try to be as clear as possible, but we still have a lot of SL code
in the application.