Re: drafting invoices

On 3/18/07, Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:

I really don't like this Repost idea. It goes against basic accounting
principles. Isn't this what things like quotes and estimates are for?

I am not sure we are talking the same thing.

My idea is to have a button for those who want it that does something like:
$invoice->void();
delete $invoice->{id};
delete $invoice->{docnumber};
$invoice->post();

Note that the "reposted" invoice would have a new number and id, and
that the old invoice would have been voided in GAAP compliant ways.

I just suggested labling it "repost" for the sake of example, we could
just as easily lable it "void and post new."