Re: Can sales orders affect inventory?

"Memo" is a comment.  Source is a source document reference (i.e.
check number, bank transfer receipt number, and the like).

On 11/16/06, Stroller <..hidden..> wrote:

On 16 Nov 2006, at 18:58, Tony Fraser wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 18:17 +0000, Stroller wrote:
>> When my customer writes me a cheque for the work done it is my
>> instinct to go into this outstanding invoice, enter the date &
>> amount
>> of the cheque (what are the "Source" & "Memo" fields for, please?)
>> and then click "Post". Have I now "reposted" that invoice in the way
>> that is recommended against? Is there some other way to do this?
>
> Yes there is another way. Go to Cash->Receipt
>
> This will allow you to pay multiple invoices with one payment and it
> doesn't actually re-post the existing invoices it just adds the
> payment
> details.

Many thanks - that's perfect.

This also has the "Source" & "Memo" fields - I'd guess one might be
for "bank transfer" or "cheque number: 01234", but what about the other?

Stroller.