Re: Can sales orders affect inventory?

On 16 Nov 2006, at 18:58, Tony Fraser wrote:

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 18:17 +0000, Stroller wrote:
When my customer writes me a cheque for the work done it is my
instinct to go into this outstanding invoice, enter the date &
amount
of the cheque (what are the "Source" & "Memo" fields for, please?)
and then click "Post". Have I now "reposted" that invoice in the way
that is recommended against? Is there some other way to do this?

Yes there is another way. Go to Cash->Receipt

This will allow you to pay multiple invoices with one payment and it
doesn't actually re-post the existing invoices it just adds the payment
details.

Many thanks - that's perfect.

This also has the "Source" & "Memo" fields - I'd guess one might be for "bank transfer" or "cheque number: 01234", but what about the other?

Stroller.