Re: OT: Asterisk and integrations

Ed W wrote:

Hmm, interesting.  From this point of view, what's the difference
between an AGI and a system call?

An AGI uses sockets between co-processes to communicate back-and-forth.
A system() just forks/execs a program.  AGIs are much more flexible, in
that they can communicate data back to the dial plan and/or change its
behavior.  For our purposes, we don't need that.

On our desktops, we have robots listening on the IRC channel.  When they
see a call that you've answered, they kick off "firefox -remote...." to
open the appropriate Sugar, LedgerSMB and RT pages in tabs.

Hmm, clever and interesting.

How do you decide which users get the popup?

Well, there's a configuration file.  In my config file, I set my
extension to 100, so if we get an IRC notification that extension 100
has answered a call, the popup triggers for me.  Someone whose robot
is configured to watch extension 101, for example, won't get the
popup.  (The robot runs as me, not root, and it's started
automatically when I log in.)

[...]

Perhaps, but Sugar and Asterisk are a popular combination.  Also I think
what you have is possibly a lot of middleware that could be re-used more
widely?

Honestly, it's a hackish collection of Perl and Tcl scripts.  But if people
are really interested, I'll consider cleaning them up and making them
available.

Regards,

David.