Re: FW: Help Desk and Ledgersmb

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:03 AM, David F. Skoll <..hidden..> wrote:
> Paul Wrightson wrote:
>
>> Wow - Enterprise Service Bus via IRC!
>
> Hey, if it's good enough to control a botnet with a hundred thousand hosts,
> it's good enough for a 10-person company. :-)

Actually, I think it is a very elegant solution.  However, I would
wonder about security issues in scaling up.  It might work well for a
10 person company, but what if you want to add security-sensitive
information over the messaging layer?  Are there any good kerberized
IRC clients or servers out there?

As an alternative, I can think a Kerberized Jabber, or even
Jabber/SSL/LDAP/Kerberos (though that sounds just aweful to maintain).
 Jabber would also have the advantage in that one could allow off-line
messaging too.  However guaranteed delivery or error might be more
difficult.

A second point is that Asterisk's AGI ought to allow you to plug into
your perl scripts with more information than you can with a system()
call.

Hope this helps,
Chris Travers