Re: Renting Developer time to advance 1.3/1.4 - anyone want to chip in?

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 15:47 -0400, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:03:22 +0100, Ed W wrote:
> > I am interested in renting some time from someone like Chris (or
> > similar) to advance progress of the next branch and get it "stable".
> > Would anyone else like to chip in?  I would be happy to chip in 1-2,000
> > EU as a starting point - perhaps a couple of other business could put in
> > the same or more (I'm only a one man company - come on folks!) and we
> > could rent a month or two of full time labour to get some serious
> > progress done on this?
>
> I won't presume to speak for the core devs, but I gather the limiting
> factor is time availability for the people with commit rights.

Commit rights are not required for this to work. Open discussion and
collaboration on this list is. Any developer, regardless of a committer
or not is welcome to submit a patch under the GPL and a committer (such
as myself, aurynn or chris) will review it for applicability.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake