Re: proposing Section 508 compliance as requirement for 2.x

On 4/26/07, John Locke <..hidden..> wrote:
This is what REST is about--REpresentational State Transfer. All of the
state information is kept in the request, so the server doesn't need to
maintain state for each request. This has the benefits you're looking
for--proper browser history, ability to have different sessions in
different windows of the same browser, etc.

Even so, I think we can come up with a better way of representing it
than the current way of throwing HTML blocks around.  State
information should not have the potential to mean programming logic
;-)

As we get the RESTful web services interface better developed, maybe
we can use the same xml document structures for state information.
That way we can validate the document.

To make this work, each request needs to have all the information
necessary to rebuild the state... and you don't tend to store state on
the server... some sort of hybrid may be more appropriate, especially if
we do more of a transaction model for certain things...

I have some ideas about preventing duplicate submissions but nothing
definite yet.