Re: proposing Section 508 compliance as requirement for 2.x

--- Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:
> Please show me an example.  My point is that REST is irrelevant, it's
> just a different encoding for the same kind of interface.  However,
> unless someone can show me a feature of cookies which makes them in some
> way browser window specific, I claim that its not possible to keep per
> window state without putting an ID field into the URL (whether it's REST
> or some other scheme)
> Can anyone confirm otherwise?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_State_Transfer#Claimed_Benefits

I know little about REST at this point, but I can see that at a very minimum
fully bookmarkable, browser-tab friendly, scriptable REST-style URLs make for a
very different browser experience and API model than managing the state of a
session cookie.

Also reading as a backgrounder:

http://bitworking.org/news/141/REST-Tips-Prefer-following-links-over-URI-construction