Re: Template storage mechanism?

Hi again, Chris,

Those are the existing templates, which IMO aren't worth putting on
the filesystem or in the db. I'm really hoping that once we start
doing things properly, we will have a real template engine that will
have a validation mechanism.

What's a template engine?

But I would really have to question the utility of doing so if only to
backup... Make a copy of the directory instead. The filesystem is a
wonderful storage tool, also.

So is a box with a lid, but I wouldn't want to put the templates there
either. :-)

LOL! You're right!

However, filesystems are highly optimized storage spaces. And templates are complex relatively non-structured data.

Les

We're talking about building things right.

User generated
material is data, it's storage place is in the database. The
application is code, it's storage place is in svn. Ideally, people
should be able to svn update to a revsision number and all would work.

Cheers,

Chris