Re: Template storage mechanism?

Hi Chris,

What I would do is run it through a parser/validator and then shove
the whole thing into a single text field.

That won't work. The html templates don't look like any kind of wellformed / valid xml (at least for xml parsing) since attributes aren't quoted, and they of course contain tags for replacement values in any case.

The same is true to an even greater degree for the TeX templates. (ie no overarching concept of well formedness, in TeX, I believe).

If put into a database, I would agree they would be put into a text field.

But I would really have to question the utility of doing so if only to backup... Make a copy of the directory instead. The filesystem is a wonderful storage tool, also. (grin)

My 2 cents worth.

Les Richardson