Re: Project scope was Re: Thoughts on Voiding Invoices

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 15:59 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> Rather than a formal roadmap, am going to suggest we make and maintain
> the following documents:
>
> 1)  A statement of scope and mission (i.e. what we want LedgerSMB to
> be in the long-run)
>
> 2)  A pseudo road-map with the following sections:
>   a)  A list of features we agree will definitely be in the next release.
>   b)  A list of high-priority open issues.
>   c)  A list of deferred open issues (including high-priority ones
> that depend on other work).
>
> Any feedback on this proposal?
That sounds like a formal roadmap to me. What's wrong with that?

Only I would remove duplication a little:

Keep 1)
2) - remove duplication:
  a) & b) Are not those already in the be maintained in the Bug and
Feature Request areas of SF? So just keep those areas correct.

  c) As per a) & b) ? Can SF mark items as 'Deferred and link them to
other items?

My point is to keep this stuff in one place only, and up to date:
minimise effort, remove and prevent duplication of effort.

You ought to be able to simply generate a report of what's released from
SF as well and include it in each release, so the 'What's New' or
whatever its called does not need to be separately maintained either.