Project scope was Re: Thoughts on Voiding Invoices

On 9/24/06, Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..> wrote:
> I am all for manufacturing support, but I think that the core team is
> not in a position to make sure that the problems are well enough
> understood to make it work nor will we have the time while we are
> trying to make this software go from "the best open source accounting
> app" to "the best accounting app."

Well to be clear, my goal is to make a replacement for QuickBooks and
PeachTree. We can focus on anything else later.

 I agree in that we should probably sort out the scope of the project
before adding new features, and maybe even consider removing some
functionality (like we've already done - Oracle support for example).
I think we all have ideas as to where the project should go, and from
what I can see they are all very similar. Perhaps confirming that we
share the same direction and writing it down somewhere could help in
dividing up the work and planning on moving from the code we've
inherited to something a little simpler to manage. :-) Maybe to begin,
we should start a new thread: Project Scope where we all submit our
ideas/plans on direction for LedgerSMB and after a brief discussion we
come to a consensus?

Cheers,

Chris