Re: Thoughts on Voiding Invoices

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 08:35 -0400, Alejandro Imass wrote:
> IMHO, it should be reversed to the actual COGS of that particular
> invoice. In other words, a real and exact reverse of the cost at the
> moment of the Invoice.
Agreed. I described this before, as taking what rows are in the
database, and based on that, creating new rows with the $ values in the
reverse sense.
> Futhermore we should also think in practical terms. You are not going to
> void an invoice that already hit the street.
I suggest that the user will need to make that decision, as an invoice
might be printed off, checked visually, found to be completely wrong or
unneeded, or no longer billable, and thrown in the bin. Now all he needs
to do is tell the system 'reverse that invoice, return/check back in any
parts checked out against it'.
> > Part 2:  Product Returns
> >
> > I think we can all agree that product returns ought to be treated
> > similar to a repurchase at the last cost of goods sold value.

Shouldn't the system to able compare the price of the goods as sold,
compare that to the price last sold and also the current price maybe,
and if there are any differences, give the user the option to choose,
either at the time or via a preset preference.