Re: LaTeX templates, was Docmentation/FAQs

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 14:31 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Well honestly I would prefer to see us move to a xslt based template
> system with fo objects.

I agree with Joshua here. If we generate the reports in XML it's just a
job of writing XSLT for different targets, including LaTex. You could
draw up the looks of your printed doc in LyX and let someone with
experience in XSLT translate the XML out put to your desired format.

Another option would be to hack the LyX output with TT tags and then
load the XML output process it with TT. This would be a lot easier than
XSLT for LaTex output particularly.

In any case, LedgerSMB would be generating reports in XML and a post
processor would take care of the output.