[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
LaTeX templates, was Docmentation/FAQs
- Subject: LaTeX templates, was Docmentation/FAQs
- From: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:24:42 -0700
I am not interested in requiring that people rebuild their custom
templates in a new system. I am not opposed to supporting other
engines, but I think that backwards compatibility with LaTeX and easy
conversion from SQL-Ledger are going to require that we support it for
the forseable future.
We could, however, offer plugins to support alternatives.
However, a few points:
1) We really ought to revise the LaTeX of the templates to be less
braindead and brittle.
2) We need to make the templating system LyX-friendly
3) We should allow the calls to the templates to hit a different
extension for the template and a different executable to allow for
plugins of this sort.