Re: Docmentation/FAQs

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 17:10 -0400, Jason Rodrigues wrote:
> On Thursday 21 September 2006 16:15, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > O.k. I don't want to start a war but here is the basics:
> > [ ... ]
>
> I'll second that dislike of LaTeX: one of my single most frustrating
> experiences with sql-leger has been to convince the .tex templates to do what
> I want.
>
> Don't get me wrong -- TeX is powerful, and has it's place.  But if you need to
> do *ANY* kind of deviation in the default formatting of the document classes,
> the learning curve is steep.  It's frustrating to me, (at least) and I
> imagine it's frustrateding to many users who are accustomed to easy quick
> results with Word, OO.o, or HTML.

Can I start by saying that I have NOT used latex - so I may be seriously
out to lunch.

Is it not that when you are plotting out the format of you invoices,
statements etc that you need to accurately format what and where things
are on the page - yes? Is html capable of this level of accuracy without
any serious wierdness? I do not find that OO documents are that easy to
be this finickity in - like I am not sure that I can do a watermark in
OO - it IS possible to do this in latex! (I checked!)

Darald