Re: Call for testing experimental patch

On 9/14/06, David Tangye <..hidden..> wrote:

BTW. when you get to it, you might merge *some* of the customer and
suppler (they are examples of roles) columns into 'party'?. Entitywise,
there is another entity call 'contact', another called location and
another called address.

Take a look at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1556013&group_id=175965&atid=875353

How you represent them physically is the issue.
Almost always, the more tables are closely aligned to entities, the more
robust and bug-free the system. Ie stay close to third normal form and
generally in the long term you cannot go wrong. Stray from it and you
generally get in a mess.

No worries, we are taking the db schema very sersiously.  But we are
also aware that we are dealing with people's production data at the
moment and want to make sure things continue to work properly as
development continues.

We are all annoyed at the db schema. :-)

Best wishes,
Chris Travers