Re: setup.pl error on fresh 1.5 installation

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

This is rather unexpected. In Chrome's developer tools (available under the "Inspect" menu), I see two requests (after checking the "Preserve logs" checkmark to prevent clearing the log between page loads). That is, I see truckloads of requests, but:

 - navigate, with the chrome developer tools "Network" tab selected, to https://myledgersmb/setup.pl
 - clear the navigation log (there is a huge number of requests in the log, due to Dojo's loading of widgets)
 - fill out the form elements (super user, password and database)
 - click on "Login" (the company I was using exists; in this case, you can select Login too, as it will simply report the database doesn't exist, when it doesn't)

Then, I see two requests:

I get those:

setup.pl?s_user=lsmb_dbadmin&s_password=mypassword&database=mydatabase (GET, 200)
dojo.js (GET, 404, initiator setup.pl?...)
main.js (GET, 404, initiator setup.pl?...)

Did you install from Git or from tarball?
From tarball.

PS. Tried changing form's method to POST in UI/setup/credentials.html, but that didn't change the behavior.

Right. I wouldn't expect that to do much: this code is running on Travis CI day in day out (albeit on Linux), so, there must be a configuration issue here. The login code hasn't been changed for months and works on my system. There must be something else. Do you have any idea if your browser is able to load Dojo? Also, which browser version do you use? Of which browser?

It seems my browser is not able to load Dojo as I have those errors:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
https://myledgersmb/js/dijit/themes/claro/claro.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
https://myledgersmb/js/dojo/dojo.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
https://myledgersmb/js/lsmb/main.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
https://myledgersmb/js/dojo/resources/dojo.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
https://myledgersmb/js/dijit/themes/claro/claro.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Used Firefox 46.0.1 previously, but now Chromium 51.0.2704.79. Both behave the same way.

Ok. Thanks. The URLs look like what I'd expect them to look based on your application's URL. The base mapping for the root URL (https://myledgersmb/) maps to /usr/local/www/ledgersmb15/UI/ because you installed LedgerSMB in /
usr/local/www/ledgersmb15. It seems like your UI/js/ directory doesn't contain a dojo/dojo.js file. Is that correct?

If that's the case, then we're on to something, because I just downloaded the release tarball and looked inside, but there the UI/js/dojo/dojo.js file does exist.

Actually, there was no UI/js directory or dojo.js  whatsoever in the folder. So I guess my extraction of tarball was just incomplete somehow - I re-extracted it and now it works! :)

Sorry about all the mess here about such a simple problem, sometimes such silly things happen.

Although now I get the following error when creating new user for a new database:

Error!

ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block:
SELECT *
FROM "public"."person__list_salutations"() at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/PGObject.pm line 361.

dbversion: 1.5.0-dev, company:

In Starman log: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at lib/LedgerSMB.pm line 513.

--
Silver