Re: setup.pl error on fresh 1.5 installation

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Silver Salonen <..hidden..> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

Sorry, now it started working somehow, even though I didn't do quite anything besides "cpan --installdeps" (but I didn't notice it actually installing anything).

It's a bit confusing, but the command is:

 $ cpanm --installdeps .

Notice that the command isn't cpan, but cpan*m* and also notice the dot at the end. It's part of the command (install dependencies for the current directory, is what it means).

Ah, sorry, didn't know that either, I thought it was a typo :)

But I was in a state that after clicking either Login or Create from setup.pl nothing really happened, ie. the same page is displayed with everything pre-filled, but username not selected now.
Hmm. I have not seen anything like this, recently. Is there anything in the PostgreSQL logs, or Starman output  (logs?) which could be used to determine if requests happened and what their result might have been?

If you have time today, you could drop by in #ledgersmb on freenode (irc://irc.freenode.net/#ledgersmb), or join that channel through the Matrix IRC bridge and Matrix's webclient Vector: https://vector.im/develop/#/room/#ledgersmb:matrix.org; This feels like a problem that we might need/want to debug more interactively.

It was like that before the "installdeps" and also after (it installed 2 missing distributions: JSON and namespace::autoclean).
Ok. Missing these would have caused problems later on in the process. So, it's good you have them now.

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.