Re: Questions about how LedgerSMB works

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM, ario <..hidden..> wrote:
On Sat, 2012-12-15 at 05:21 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 4:54 AM, ario <..hidden..>
> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2012-11-04 at 20:11 +0100, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
>
>         [snip]
>
>         >
>         >         9.4 I don't see AP INVOICE anywhere is that DEBIT
>         INVOICE?
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > AP invoice is indeed Debit invoice in the LSMB menu under
>         AP.
>

> A debit invoice is for reversing vendor invoices.  For AP invoices the
> menu item you are looking for is "Vendor Invoice"

Ok, thanks.
And after posting a vendor invoice, does it become an AP Transaction
automatically? Or do I have to use AP Transaction separately in cases
where I don't want the purchased items to be added to the inventory?

The difference between a vendor invoice and an AP transaction is that the former handles income accounts, COGS for unallocated sales, and so forth, and is tied to goods and services, while the AP transaction allows you to enter whatever numbers you want.

Vendor invoices do add all the appropriate lines but currently should only be used when purchasing inventory.