Re: Install fails at a basic first step when installing perl modules - INSTALL needs changing

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Kevin Bailey <..hidden..> wrote:
On 17/10/12 00:27, Ye Chuah wrote:
> apt-get install libmodule-install-perl

Thanks for that.

I suggest the INSTALL file needs changing.

In the section for squeeze add in something like:

"To be able to run 'perl Makefile.PL' you'll need to install
libmodule-install-perl.  This module is not needed for LedgerSMB itself
so can be removed after the install."

Technically we should avoid any distro-specific info in the INSTALL.  We should call it Module::Install and let people with specific distros search for such packages.  For example in Fedora, it's called perl-module-install.  Leave the distro-specific stuff to others.